Thursday, July 25, 2013

Good Morning Lord

Good morning Lord. I don't know what this day holds but I know you hold this day. As I walk through it I will do so trying to keep my gaze on you. As this day begins to dawn I can think of no better way to start it than to come into your presence to worship. I worship you my King. I praise and adore you for your faithfulness, goodness, compassion, strength, mercy, provision, and holiness. I thank you for such a great salvation and for the ongoing work of sanctification in my life. You who began a good work in me will be faithful to complete it until the day of Christ Jesus. Thank you for your sacrifice that declared me righteous in your eyes. Thank you for your steadfast love when my performance has been less than stellar at times. Thank you for a wonderful wife and for kids that are a blessing. Thank you for true friends who stick close in the tough times and love unconditionally despite my many faults. Thank you for the gift of this day. It is day of opportunity to love you, worship you, seek you, and to get closer to you. On this day I once again bow my life, my dreams, my family, and lay it all before you as my offering on your altar. I live my life on your altar. I am content doing your will whatever that may be and wherever that might take me. For this season I am thankful for the adventure of starting a church. I am thankful for the trials that have pushed me to rely on you more. I am thankful for those private moments with you where the tears have fallen, my burdens have been lifted, and when you turned my weeping into joy once again. These moments with you have been my life line and I crave more of them. I know when I start my day with you nothing is impossible. In fact you say in your word all things are possible with you. You told Mary nothing is impossible for you. You reminded Sarah that nothing is difficult for you. You repeated that truth to Jeremiah. I know as I come before you today I come before the God who can move all my mountains. I come before you who can meet any need I will ever have. I come before you recalling your mighty acts in scripture, throughout history, and in my life. You, O, God are able. You are able to turn Faith Community Church around. You are able to call others to help us. You are able to pay my house off completely so my money is freed up to build your kingdom. You are able to publish my books. You are able to give my sons football scholarships or work in other ways to pay for their college. You are able to heal my wife. You are able to sustain me through every storm in life. You are able to restore my fellowship with friends from the past. You are able to open doors for me to preach revivals, camps, and conferences. You are able to work holiness into my life. You are able to keep opening your word and granting fresh anointing to preach. You are able to preserve the work of salvation in my boys and stir their desire to know you and to serve you. You are able to do anything. Today I bow in your presence in love readily available to serve you. In this moment I enjoy you. I bask in your presence like a person enjoying the warmth of the sun on a brisk morning. You are great and I am small. You must increase while I must decrease. You must become greater while I must become less. You are a big deal while I am not a big deal at all. I love you. I love you because you first loved me. I love you because you came after me while I was lost and drowning in my sins. You redeemed me and paid the ransom for my sins that held me hostage. You set me free and broke the chains of bondage that held me down. You gave me purpose for living. You have blessed me in ways I could never have anticipated and set me on a great adventure in following you. Ah, Lord this is indeed a good morning because your mercies are new today and your compassions do not fail. This is the very day you have made and I will rejoice and be glad in it. This is the day you have given me to love you, seek you, and to serve you. This is the day that you have given me to live, to worship, and to enjoy the beauty you have created. This is the day I get to enjoy my family and other people you have put in my life. This is the day I get to soak in the scriptures and learn more of you. This is the day I get to write and let the volcanic lava of truth you burn inside me erupt onto the printed page. This is the day I get to believe you for great, mighty, and impossible things. Nothing is impossible with you. I choose to live in faith and not doubt. I choose you today over the fleeting pleasures of this world. It is a good morning Lord and I am ready now to face the day. In Jesus name, amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment