Thursday, December 7, 2017

Wait

I said, "God, hurry the hour is late,"
God replied, "You need to wait,"
I said, "This delay can't be my fate,
God replied, "You still need to wait,"
I yelled, "All this I vehemently hate,"
Once again God whispered, "Wait,"
Sullen I shouted, "Look at the date,"
'I'm buckling under this crushing weight,
A cumbersome far too heavy freight,
All this delay I most vehemently hate,"
God answered softly, "You must wait,
My love is displayed while you wait,
My purpose is fulfilled as you wait,
My wise plans unfold as you still wait,
My strength is available as you wait,
You'll mount like an eagle - just wait."

Isaiah 40:31 (ESV)
31  but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment