Monday, December 18, 2017

Peace Be Stil

After preaching for nearly an hour about faith and prayer I got to do one of my favorite things after the message. I got to talk to people and to listen to them. I had the chance to pray with one man then a hurting senior adult woman.

When I walked back to the front of the sanctuary to get my Bible a man approached me. He shook my hand and commented, "I needed that." We talked briefly and then his wife walked up. I asked them, "Is there anything I can pray with you about?"

The husband wasted no time in replying, "Our whole word is in chaos. Every part of our lives is in turmoil."

I said, "I'd like to pray for you right now." I then prayed the scripture when Jesus stood in the boat in the middle of the storm and spoke, "Peace be still." Mark 4:39 (ESV) 
39  And he awoke and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, “Peace! Be still!” And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. 

Then I prayed the peace of God that surpasses all understanding would cover them.  Philippians 4:7 (ESV)
7  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 

My prayer did not last long. Probably not even thirty seconds. 

When I finished my message earlier I asked the people to sit before God and ask Him to speak and for them to listen. After my prayer that husband looked wide eyed at me and said, "You know what God just spoke to me after the message. Three words. You want to take a guess."

"Be be still," I replied. That was it. I told the man it appeared to me that God might be using a megaphone to make sure he got the message. 

That moment had to be orchestrated by God. How could I have known God has spoken the same three words I had just prayed for Him. I couldn't. Only God could have put those three words in my heart. Praise and glory to His name. What a blessing to get to be His vessel. 

1 comment:

  1. Turbogel and the Horseshoe - Titanium Pickaxe Terraria
    Turbogel and the titanium water bottle Horseshoe. nier titanium alloy Turbogel and the Horseshoe. The Horseshoe. Turbogel and titanium hair trimmer the blue titanium cerakote Horseshoe. Turbogel and the Horseshoe. The titanium max trimmer Horseshoe. Turbogel and the Horseshoe.

    ReplyDelete