Thursday, May 12, 2016

God's Invitation

Several years ago I made a short trip to Honduras. God used that trip to touch my heart deeply with a burden for a largely forgotten people group called the Chorti. They have 99 different communities in the rural mountain areas of Honduras. Out of 99 communities the gospel has only been presented to 20. That means there are still 79 communities that have NEVER HEARD THE NAME OF JESUS. NEVER.

Those Chorti have never seen a Bible. They have never heard a gospel song. They have never attended a worship service. They have never seen a Sunday School class or a VBS. And yet the International Mission Board considers Honduras to be a reached country.

How can a country be reached when 79 different communities of a certain people group have not been reached. It does not make sense. Yet a lot of missions strategies do not  make sense to me.

I thought after years of not going to back to Honduras that I was done making those trips. A lunch meeting yesterday with two passionate workers to Honduras seemed like an invitation from God to continue my partnership there.

Lord, here am I send me.

No comments:

Post a Comment