Thursday, March 24, 2016

The Gentle Nudging Of The Spirit

I had a full day yesterday. After teaching Bible study last night and leading a meeting I left the building exhausted. It is a twenty minute drive from the church to my house. I don't know where my mind went during that time. Several thoughts came and went. Suddenly I thought about someone in our church and then I thought about some scripture to share. I grabbed my phone and made the call.

We did not talk long. I shared the scripture and offered a few words of encouragement. The whole conversation probably did not last longer than three minutes. Right before I went to bed I received a text from the spouse of the person I called. "God had you call tonight. It wasn't ten minutes before you called we were talking about needing to talk to you." 

The Holy Spirit gently nudged and thankfully I was sensitive. This same kind of thing should be played out in the lives of believers all over the place. Yet so often we grieve the Holy Spirit.

Ephesians 4:30 (NASB) 
30  Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 

1 Thessalonians 5:19 (NASB)
19  Do not quench the Spirit;

I hope we can all be open to God's gentle nudging. I think we all be amazed to watch how He connects lives to His movement. That is exciting stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment