Sunday, March 20, 2016

The Glorious Gospel

I preached a doctrinal message from Romans this morning. It consisted of pure spiritual meat. No fluff. Just solid doctrinal nourishment. No entertainment. No pizzaz. Just truth. Just the pure unadulterated and glorious gospel.

I believe the majority of the people in the warehouse were already saved this morning. I still preached the message and believed that if only one responded in faith for salvation the service would be a success.

People listened politely. I prayed in the end for someone to respond by faith in repentance and praying to be saved. I did not offer the sinner's prayer. I let people formulate their own prayer. I asked people to raise their hands in the end if they trusted Jesus for salvation. At first I did not see anyone. I was just about to end the service when a couple in the back waved to get my attention and pointed toward a young student who had raised his hand.

I talked to that young man after the service, and he did indeed trust the Lord to rescue his soul and forgive his sins. The family rejoiced. We had a great day in the house of the Lord. A GREAT DAY! I look forward to our next baptismal service.

God's word is true. Romans 1:16 (NASB) 
16  For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 

God uses the glorious gospel to save people from His wrath to come. God's glorious gospel is powerful for salvation to everyone that believes. I sit here in awe of how God used an old fashioned doctrinal message of the glorious gospel to save one of his precious children. Praise the Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment