Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Another Kermit Dream

After Turner's track meet I could not go straight to bed. I stayed up until midnight which is very unusual. I knew I would pay for it the next morning. I had an eye doctor appointment early. I thought if I went to bed late I would sleep in longer than normal.

Such was not to be the case. I woke up at 4:00 a.m. Weary I stumbled to my desk to pray. Initially, I could barely focus. Before I knew it time had passed and I needed to get ready for the day. Brenda and I rushed out the door both  bleary eyed from a short night of sleep. My doctor is in Fort Worth and we had to drive right through morning rush hour traffic.

I did not get into the passenger seat thinking I would receive a new dream about Kermit. All I wanted was sleep. I did not drift off praying. With heavy eyes I fell asleep quickly while Brenda drove. Without my even asking a new dream developed. The scenes unfolded in high definition. Here it is.

I sit on a hill looking over a town in the middle of the night. The town is Kermit. Down below the town in lit up with lights in homes, businesses, and street lamps. One building is brighter by far than all the other buildings. It is the old abandoned Bealls building, which is next door to an Alco store. From my perch I see the evidence of a mighty rushing wind coming out of the doors of the building. I also see a river flowing inside the doors of the building. 

In the next scene I see myself preaching inside the building. I say, "Come to Jesus," and scores of people make their way to the front to talk to a counselor about salvation. Outside the glass doors I see flames like in a grass fir spreading in all directions. Only nothing is scorched and charred in the aftermath of the flames. Everything is lush and green filled with life wherever the flames have been.

That's it.  I find it very intriguing that my quiet time yesterday was [Acts 16:8-10.] I was thinking about Paul and Silas when I started that chapter. I never once thought about the Macedonian vision. Interesting that in a season of having several dreams I would read about Paul having a dream of people pleading for help.  The impact of the preceding versers hit me like a ton of bricks. I know this was not coincidence.

God is up to something and it involves me and a revival in Kermit. I continue to pray and trust the Lord for more direction. I repeatedly ask God to guard my mind from deception and from a wild goose chase or flight of fantasy.

Kermit, be encouraged. I believe God is about to visit you in a special way. I cannot predict when. I do believe it will come in His timing Pray and wait eagerly. [Joshua 3:5] I will be journeying out west again in the not too distant future for more prayer and personal evangelism. Please know until then I am praying diligently for the move of God among you.

No comments:

Post a Comment