Monday, March 14, 2016

Have Bible And Will Travel

Last week I traveled to the Houston area to preach a one night youth rally with my good friend Eric Adcock. This week we are outside Austin preaching a youth revival. I am writing this in the Comfort Suites room we are residing in for the week. The crowds are not big but that has never mattered to Eric and I. We both love students and love leading worship and preaching the word. I am not sure how many events like this we have done together. We came to give God and these students our very best.

I used to do this full time. I am not saying I would want to hit the road full time again, unless the Lord clearly led in that direction,  but I am saying I have a Bible and will travel. Near and far. To large churches and small. In church facilities and outdoors. One night events as well as week long events like revivals and camps. Like I said I have my Bible and am willing to travel. The compensation is not important. The chance to proclaim God's word is what matters to me.

I'm not an evangelist. I am more of a revivalist preaching prophetic messages calling the church back to God. While I cannot say revival has broken out here where we are this week I can testify God is moving. I pray He will move again tonight.

I am thankful God still lets me do these things. At nearly 50 it would seem I would be out of touch with students. I do not play video games. I don't listen to their music, wear my hair unkempt, nor dress in weird clothing. Still God allows me to minister to students from time to time. Typically I preach hard truth to them. I also remain available afterward with a listening ear and a tender heart.

Eric and I will be headed back home in a couple of days. We will go back to the real world. While we are here I am thankful to be ministering with him. He has been closer than a brother for a couple of decades. We go way back. We laugh together, respect our different giftedness, and love each other at a level hard to put into words. We are polar opposites. He is an extrovert. He has a bubbly personality that lights up the room. His laughter is loud. Everybody knows when "E" is in the house and we love him for it.

If you need an old fashioned revival with a couple of old out of shape guys I have a Bible and he has a guitar and we will travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment