Sunday, March 20, 2016

Lord, Shake The City of Kermit

For about two months a slow, building, and burning burden has come on me for the town of Kermit, TX. again. I have not been there since December of 2014. After repeated trips there back then leading prayer meetings and Bible studies with a small group it seemed the door shut. I did not understand but I comforted myself by saying I did all I felt God leading me to do.

Time passed. For the most part I forgot about Kermit. I busied myself with other ministry endeavors. From time to time I would pray for the town as God reminded me. I had no further promptings to return there. I felt confused by the whole Kermit thing. About two months ago I bean thinking of Kermit more often and praying for what God wanted to do. I had no clear leading. Just a slow building burden for that town. I did not know what it all meant.

That is until the past few days. As best as I can tell at this point let me cast a vision. I believe God is calling me to hold a SHAKE THE CITY REVIVAL in Kermit. At this point I feel clearly my role is prayer and personal evangelism.

Right now, my main burden is to pray for the breaking up of the fallow ground of Kermit. I am pleading with you to share this burden with me and begin making fervent intercessions for Kermit and what God wants to do there. I am enlisting multitudes to join me in praying for that small west Texas town. I am trusting God to hear the prayers of the people of Kermit along with our prayers to see God move in that town in fresh ways.

At some point I believe I will once again start making trips back to Kermit to do one on one personal evangelism. I am not sure when these trips will begin. I  am not even sure what those trips will look like. Will I knock on doors. Will I trust God for divine appointments in public places? I don't know what these trips will look like or when they will begin. I will have to trust God for the financial resources to make such trips and work out the logistics of lodging.

Through repeated prayer and personal evangelism I believe God will prepare Kermit to receive a fresh move from Him. I am convinced that is exactly what God wants to do in that town. I still do not know why and I still do not understand why I feel called do to this. It is all another step of faith.

I believe the Lord has shown me an old abandoned building to be rented for the actual revival meetings. At this point I do not have any sense of when that might be. I believe it is what we are working toward. This will require money and a good deal of it. I do not know whom the Lord will choose to lead the worship in these meetings. I do not know who will work the sound or where we will even get sound equipment. or chairs.  I do not know who will help me in advertising, counseling, preparing the building for these meetings,  and take up the treasurer's role for such a project. We also need money to publish copies of the 40 Days To Shake The City devotional to be made available in advance prior to the meetings.

There are definitely more questions than answers but this is  where God is calling me to invest a small portion of my life and ministry. I have preached three SHAKE THE CITY REVIVALS.  One in Hudson,TX, one on the campus of Angelina College, ad one at First Baptist Church in Seminole, TX. Now I feel the Lord calling me to hold another such revival meeting in a town six hours from where I write this. I do not even know one pastor in Kermit.

Still the burden persists. In fact, I would say in recent days the burden has intensified. What I need from you is prayer. Prayer for wisdom to walk this whole thing out. I need faith to believe God for all that He wills to be done in this endeavor. I also plead with you for prayers for the courage to stay the course on this. Lastly, please pray for the financial provision we will need to bring this together in God's timing.

My mission is clear. Pray for Kermit now. In time that will also include trips to Kermit to do personal evangelism. Eventually a date will be set and planning and logistics will begin. for the actual revival meetings.  All in God's timing.

I wonder why me? Why Kermit? I bet Jonah asked those same questions about himself and Nineveh. I don't know why God chose me but I am convinced He has. I don't know why Kermit. I still know so little about that town. I just feel God has Kermit on His heart and mind. I believe He wants to save many and rekindle a fire in the hearts of the saved.

By faith I step out on this new adventure. I did so this morning with intense prayers for Kermit. I want to keep doing that and eventually do prayer walking in Kermit. I have now  also taken this additional step in asking you to join with me in these fervent intercessions. Please pray with me for God to shake the city of Kermit.

No comments:

Post a Comment