Sunday, June 15, 2014

Middle Age

I am no longer young without any worldly cares,
Old age is creeping up in the mirror as I stare,
Hair that once shimmered thick and brown,
Now thinner with more grey to be found,
Fanciful dreams from days long gone by,
Have long ago faded and most have died,
I haven't done all I would like to have done,
I have lost as many battles as I have won,
I know I am now a man middle aged in years,
Though I've laughed much I've shed some tears,
I wonder what dreams to cling to and to pursue,
And the ones I should let forever fade from view,
With this greying hair comes much wisdom gained ,
From the bumps, bruises, and all the tears stained,
One thing I have learned and know without a doubt,
God is faithful and His promises are forever stout.


No comments:

Post a Comment