Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Putting Off The Old and Putting On The New


Today I worked out with the boys. We pushed heavy weights working chest muscles, triceps and biceps. The pain increased. The sweat dripped. The blood in the muscles pumped. When we finished we grabbed lunch and were a sight for sore eyes. I am sure we smelled too.

Before church tonight I showered and changed clothes. In the same way through Jesus Christ I am putting off the old self putting on the new self in righteousness and holiness of truth. [Eph 4:22-24]. Day after day Jesus transforms, He renews, He pushes back the old self and the former manner of life.

Just like I put off sweaty, stinking, and dirty work out clothes this afternoon through Jesus Christ the old self is being put off day in day out. I am not saying I am perfect but Jesus is still in the business of perfecting me and you. Blessed be the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment