Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My Shelter

O, God, I find shelter under the shadow of your wing,
Where I find protection - peace - as I both sob and sing,
I sob with a heart broken torn by the trials of this life,
I sing by faith - worship offered as a fragrant sacrifice,
The storms blow against the foundation of my home,
I come earnestly, humbly and boldly before your throne,
To obtain mercy and find help in my present time of need,
To receive comfort from the pages of the Bible that I read,
You shelter me from the howling swirling storm that rages,
You are my God - my only hope - the blessed Rock of Ages,
You offer safety - peace that goes beyond understanding,
In your refuge I retreat and find shelter in Your landing,
In Your shelter I find new strength to climb to soar for flight,
Above the tumultuous storms left behind beneath my sight.
- M.E.
- 1-09-13

No comments:

Post a Comment