Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Breaking Open the Word of Life

It is Wednesday evening about twenty minutes before the start of our mid-week bible study for our adults and students. What a privilege to open and expound the word of God. I can feel my pulse quickening with adrenalin as the time draws near. This is what I was born to do. This is what God created me to expend my days doing. It is good work. It is not easy work but it is rewarding work.

I know the Sunday morning crowds are always larger. I still love Wednesday nights more. I know these times on Wednesday nights we get to dig deep and we get to truly meditate on the scriptures. There is always great feed back and we are all challenged with questions and discussion related to the text.

I will not stand before a crowd of hundreds. There will be a few dozen people in attendance. It seems just like yesterday we gathered in a daycare greeted each week with the lingering smell of dirty diapers with half a dozen people to dig into the scriptures. Since that time we have grown. We now meet in a nicely refurbished room in our rent facilities with close to three dozen adults to break open the word of life.

There is no flash. There is not any other attraction than the presence of God and the Scriptures. We dig verse by verse through different books of the Bible. Currently we are working through the book of II Timothy. It has been a rich and rewarding experience. The text tonight is pointed toward me the pastor.

I am grateful for the opportunity to break open the word of life to hungry people. I have always enjoyed Wednesday night teachings more than Sunday mornings. These are sweet times. May all who enter the house of the Lord here and afar receive a fresh word from the Lord and grow in the knowledge of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment