Friday, January 11, 2013

Fueled By a Dream

I am a dreamer. My kids are dreamers. With Taylor only one year away from graduating from high school we are prayerfully seeking God's direction for college and for Taylor to live out his dream to play football at the next level.

I firmly believe God makes dreams come true. Many of mine have come to fruition but there are so many others that I continue to work toward. Most of my dreams are ministry related. I know this. Dreams do not come true except through a lot of prayer and hard work. The temptation is to focus on one or the other. Many people sit around and pray and pray. They do not do the things necessary to make their dreams come true. They want God to make it happen without their involvement. Others simply focus on the work. They labor, plan, make connections and think through their sheer effort and determination they will make their dreams come true.

I know for Taylor, Tanner, Tucker, and Turner to realize their dreams they are going to need God's help every step of the way. I also know they are going to have to be willing to work. They are going to have to be willing to sweat, sacrifice, and discipline themselves in addition to seeking God's help. If they do these things, and if their dreams are in accord with God's plan for their lives, nothing is impossible.

My dreams are still out there. I still dream of writing and publishing books that will be distributed all over the world. I dream of a world wide publishing ministry. In some respects that is already coming true through this blog. People have read these blogs from several countries like Saudi Arabia and Singapore. I still dream of the day when you will be able to walk into a bookstore and get a copy of a book I have written. My latest book Sitting With the Savior can be purchased on line at Barnes and Nobles and Amazon.

I also dream of seeing God build a church that truly impacts a community and a region along with dreaming of a multi decade ministry in such a church. Both dreams require God. Both dreams require work. These blogs and books do not write themselves. To impact a community requires a lot of prayer and labor of love. To remain in a church for multiple decades means staying the course Sunday after Sunday when you feel like God is using you and even on the Sundays when you feel your life and ministry are having no impact. I have held this latter dream for a long time. I thought it would happen at FBC Paradise and then at FBC Seminole. Such was not the case. One lady even told me years ago I would never stay in one church too long because God wanted to use me on a broader scale. My heart has been to invest in one church and give my life to a community and a flock for a long season. I still hold this dream prayerfully.

Dream the dreams of God deep in your heart. Pursue them with prayer, passion, and persistence. I still believe God makes dreams come true for Taylor, for me, and yes even for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment