Tuesday, September 4, 2012

God's Perfect Timing

I am so thankful God knows the needs of people and connects His children to meet those needs. God continually impresses ministry assignments on His people and when He does the timing is perfect. We must learn to act promptly on these leadings.

This became apparent to me this week. All day yesterday I had a family on my heart whom I know is going through a tough time. They buried their seven year old little girl recently. Several times I kept feeling like I needed to text them to let them know I continue to pray as they grieve. I would get busy and forget only for God to remind me again later.

The impression became so strong while walking out into the garage to mow I had to stop. I sat down in a chair and I sent a text to these grieving parents. In the whole realm of life it was not a big deal. A simple text message. I just wanted them to know I care and that though most of the world moves on after someone dies I know they live with a hole in their hearts. All I know to do is to pray.

Today I found out from a mutual friend when I sent that text the parents received it while standing at the grave of their beloved daughter in tears. Just a small token and reminder of God's continual love for them. God's timing is perfect.

I urge you to take those God promptings seriously. You never know what God is doing on the other end. I cannot even tell you the number of times my family has been on the receiving end of blessings all in God's time.

Now, I do not know your need. I assure you God does. I do not know the time crunch you are under but God does. I do not even know how long you have been waiting for Him to come through. You may feel like you cannot stand to endure another day under your current circumstances. God knows. God has perfect timing. He is never late. Read that again slowly. HE IS NEVER LATE. He is always on time.

When you are at your lowest God can show up at the graveside to comfort and give a gentle reminder that He is still there. When your cash flow dries up He can send His vessel of provision to you over lunch or lead someone to give a gift sent through the mail. I have experienced all of the above. He can even lead someone from another place in town to get up from where they are to come be an instrument of blessing where you are. He can do the same thing all over the world.

One day many years ago I faced a great need and sat at my office in prayer. I asked God if I could just let Him know my needs or if I had to drop hints to others so they could be used to meet my needs. God has used both ways with His servants in the past. I have always leaned more toward just telling God my needs and trusting Him to lead others when necessary to help to meet those needs. I had no sooner voiced that prayer than my phone rang. On the other end was a couple I had met from Dalhart, TX. They had picked me up at the airport in Amarillo for a preaching event and driven me to Dalhart. I had not had any other contact with this family. They were calling to get my address because they felt prompted to send us some money. I forget the amount of the money but I cannot forget God's perfect timing in answering that prayer. To this day I trust God alone to meet my needs.

There is a time for every event under the sun Solomon tells us in Ecclesisates 3:1-8. His timing is perfect. Like me you may be waiting on God. You may even be waiting reluctantly and impatiently. God will come through in His time. Keep walking with Him day in and day out. Wait on Him. He will show you His kindness and goodness. [Ps 27:13-14] His timing is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment