Saturday, April 30, 2011

Spring Revival Day 6

The crowd was very light tonight. We had over 200 people gone for the start of Disciple Now. Those 200 will return for a worship celebration around 10:00 p.m. Mike preach an anointed message from [Matt 5:14-16] about being light. Shine. Radiate. Influence. Those were the three points he passionately poured out to us.

Though we were few in number we were mighty in spirit. We sang. We listened attentively. We obeyed during the invitation and we prayed. God moved again. I know He will move during the 10:00 p.m. worship celebration.

There were distractions throughout the day. Mike had a hard time getting here with flight delays. Sean was distracted with busy work all day long not allowing him the opportunity to be still and know God today. I felt the same way. We both felt more like Martha than Mary today. The enemy has begun to oppose in subtle ways. Greater is He who is in us than he who in the world. God blessed in allowing me to receive the word rather than preaching it tonight for a change. I know all too well I am not the only one God can speak through. I yearned for God to speak to me and He did.

We only had a fraction of the attendance we have had the past five nights. I know that will change. Tomorrow and Sunday you will be hard pressed to be able to find a seat. It was discouraging to see empty seats but once we began to sing and get into the word we lost sight of how many were in attendance. The river of God is still flowing strongly.

I do not know what will happen in the late service with the students tonight. We ended our meeting by praying for them. There was strong praying. I expect the weighty presence of God to settle among those students. In a way I felt all of us tonight were like John the Baptist preparing the way of the Lord for our students. They have no idea what they are about to experience.

O Jesus we need you. Holy Spirit we ask you to fill the room tonight and to touch every heart. I ask you to soften, to convict, to cleanse, and to renew. I ask you to move powerfully all over town in the different homes but most especially as we gather again tonight to seek more of You. I ask You to unleash Your fullness on us and never let us be the same again.

To be continued….

No comments:

Post a Comment