Monday, May 2, 2011

Spring Revival Day 7

The service on Saturday night lasted over two and a half hours. Much of that time involved over 200 students from D’Now repenting of sin, getting saved, seeking more of God in worship, and many turning their hearts back to Him again.

I witnessed God move powerfully. When Mike Satterfield extended the invitation so many people came forward we had to move them to the hallways and another wave came forward to take their place at the altar. The students coming forward seemed like a wave of humanity moving in mass toward the front of the church. There were many tears.

I personally wet the stairs with tears crying out for more of God. All up and down the steps you could see tear drops. I saw a stain the next day from Saturday night on those steps. I am sure some of it was emotionalism. I am also confident much of it was God convicting people and drawing them to Himself.

I know of two who were saved. One was a young man who moved from New York back around Christmas. God drew him to salvation. He testified, “ I have found God.” A waitress who came on Saturday trusted Jesus to save her.

Another student stood up and testified that he had turned his heart back to the Lord. He repented of his lifestyle that had not honored the Lord. He will most assuredly be in the enemy’s cross hairs this week.

We did not leave the sanctuary until after 11:00 p.m. Time will tell if what happened was real. If students got caught up in the emotions of it all those feelings will fade fast. If they are truly hungry for more of God – God has more to reveal and more work to do in each of us.

Mike Satterfield has preached with power in the Holy Spirit. He is a man of the scriptures and God used him powerfully on Saturday night. He got a call on Saturday morning from a friend back in Alabama who went through the devastating tornados. The friend told Mike, “I lost everything.” Mike sought to encourage him saying that material things can be replaced. At this point the friend interjected, “You do not understand. I lost everything. I lost my wife and my children!” Mike spent a great portion of the day ministering to this man and others.

I had the chance to pray over several students Saturday night. At one point we were singing “I Will Follow” and I saw a student who will be moving after this school year because his father got a new job. He is a popular Jr. High student with many friends. The Lord prompted me to go pray with Him about the move and challenge him to be a missionary at his new school. Another student I prayed for knelt at the altar. He is a sharp young man but his interests are not in athletics. He does not fit in with that crowd. I prayed with him to encourage him. We hugged at the end and I saw his dad in tears off to the side.

The highlight of the evening for me personally was when my oldest son came weeping telling me he needed to talk. We left the sanctuary and went to my office where he poured out his soul. The short of it is he wanted me to know that he is willing to follow God even when it hurts and stretches him. I am so proud of him. We prayed, embraced, and talked about the challenges of following God. He cried the whole time. I know God is moving deeply in his heart.

Revival continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment