Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Spring Revival Day 11

How do you take an old story most people heard back in Vacation Bible School and make it fresh? You trust God to give you insight and you trust Him to reveal truth in the hearts of the people.

Distinguished. Serve Him continually. Trust Him fearlessly. Those were three of several points we studied out of Daniel 6. We had a good time digging in the scriptures. We laughed. We got serious. We experienced conviction. We met with the Lord. The living active God once again moved in the hearts of people.

When the invitation was given I kept smiling because I know we have met with God. I felt a deep sense of satisfaction with that. Content. He has given me release to end the meetings. I told the people that God is never done working and He will be working in the morning as they get up to seek Him. You cannot go out to eat every meal. Sometimes you have to cook at home. In the same way we cannot go to church night after night expecting all of our growing to happen here. At some point you have to begin digging in the word and meeting God at home. Much of the intensity waned over the past several days. I think people are tired and though there will always be more of God to experience I think people had peace it was time to end the meetings.

I am confident God released us from further revival services. I am also confident He will continue to work in lives. I think many are as close to God as they have ever been. I am humbled the Lord chose me to preach once again. Over the course of these eleven days the messages have come easily. God has opened His word and directed me to a message for each service. I never had to struggle and labor. God inspired them.

I want to be a man who stands when it is not easy. I want this church to keep hungering for God. I want all of us to live in a revived state long past these services. One lady testified tonight, “I will never be the same.” Another lady told me “Jesus was alive in her and she had been filled and blessed.” I could see joy, contentment, and peace on the faces of many people. Victories have been won.

We know of two people saved during the D’Now service this past Saturday but other than that nobody responded publicly to be saved. There is more work to be done. So we will get up tomorrow and serve Him continually. It is a joy to be his child.

Thank you for all who prayed. We continue to pray for rain. I trust God will send it. Please pray the people of God will stand and count the cost of serving Him. Emotions wear off but the deep and abiding work of God just goes deeper. Lord, plunge us deeper in the ocean of you until we get a clearer view of your majesty and glory, and we continue to share your story.

No comments:

Post a Comment