Monday, May 2, 2011

Spring Revival Day 8

I have a mixed report on the eighth day of the revival. Mike preached powerfully again in both morning services. All involved in D’Now were exhausted from the night before. After the lengthy Saturday night service those students then went home for small group times that lasted for some until around 3:00 a.m.

The sanctuary was packed for the second morning service. The balcony was full as well as the bottom floor. I sat in the very back in a folded chair. I am not sure if fatigue played a factor but it did not seem God moved has powerfully Sunday morning as we have seen in some of the other services. Maybe some have had their fill of revival and are pulling back as the heat keeps getting turned up.

Mike had to leave Sunday afternoon to fly to Dallas where he preached last night. I had not preached in two days and the rest was refreshing. I spent Sunday afternoon in my office studying for a message from [Is 38:1-8]. In this passage, Hezekiah the King was told by the prophet Isaiah that he is about to die. He is to set his house in order. That means Hezekiah needed to make preparations.

Hezekiah immediately begins to pray and weep bitterly. God instructs Isaiah to come back and tell Hezekiah, “I have heard your prayers and I have seen your tears. I will add fifteen years to your life.” I think praying with tears is taking prayer to a higher level. There is desperation with tears in prayer.

The attendance was poor. In everyway it felt just like a normal Sunday night service. Many people stayed home to recover from the grueling weekend. There is a remnant that keeps hungering for more of God. There are also others who have dug their heels in and do not intend to be moved.

I asked the people who want rain if we were really desperate for God to send it. I asked when we had last wet the carpet with our tears in prayer for rain, the lost to be saved, and revival to spread?

After calling us to a prayer time I left to go home after my prayer time ended. Increasingly I want to be shut up with God alone. Sunday did not feel like revival but we continue to press on. In fact those were the very words that greeted me this morning from some of our prayer warriors who had just finished standing in the gap for Seminole. So we press on into day nine not knowing what the Lord will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment