Monday, April 25, 2011

Spring Revival Day Two

It did not rain but neither have we given up believing God to send it. It is coming. We started the service tonight asking God again to send rain again. I was surprised by the turn out. We had a pretty full house with people hungry to worship and get into the word.

I am excited to report that God filled His house with people hungry to meet with Him. There were several rows of pews filled with students. Attendees comfortably filled the bottom floor of the sanctuary. Their attendance delighted my heart with so many other things going on like baseball and softball and TAKS test this week.

God lead me to preach from I Pet 1:14-19. Peter challenges the people of God to live holy in all their behavior. He also calls people to remember the precious blood of Jesus that redeemed us. The message was hard but the work of God in the hearts of people was tender. It was something you could not see as much as it was something you felt. God worked deep in the hearts of His people to call them away from sin and into holiness.

There were several people who came to the altar in repentance. You could sense the Spirit of God plowing deep into hearts tonight. God calls us to live in holiness in all our behavior. To live holy means to live “set apart, uncommon, and devoted to God.” So much of our behavior is just like the pagans. We do not live lives of distinction often in the church. We blend in. God has called us to live uncommonly. As a result I saw a message on face book from a student calling other students to mend their ways and live holy unto the Lord.

I wish I could describe the music. All I can say is that I met with God long before it was time to preach. The worshippers sang with fullness. I have not heard singing like that in a long while. It reminded me of the days of revival back in August. You can sense there is a hunger for God. People are singing from their hearts and not their heads.

I am humbled God once again chose to work through me. Once again He showed up, blessed the preaching of His word, and moved His people to repentance. I am thrilled to get a front row seat to witness all of this unfolding. We are taking it one day at a time. We are scheduled to go through next Sunday in our revival services.

I will preach through Thursday night and then Mike Satterfield will preach through Sunday morning as our students participate in D’Now this weekend. I pray the students are cleansed and renewed and ready to meet with God. We will see what God does after that.

It is day by day right now. God is at work. He continues to shake this church and this town. Praise the Lord. [Acts 4:29-31]

No comments:

Post a Comment