Sunday, April 24, 2011

Spring Revival Day 1

After our first day back having revival services I can say with confidence we met with God in all three services. We celebrated the risen Savior in both morning services. The music was fantastic. It seemed the people really engaged in worship. I preached a simple gospel message through the book of John. Two young girls were saved in the second service.

Tonight we went to the Old Testament book of I Kings and talked about when Elijah prayed for rain to end the three and a half year drought. Our people could identify because we have not had rain in six months here in Seminole. Our farmers are very concerned. I challenged the church to pray in faith asking God to have mercy on us in restoring rain to our land. I also reminded them that the drought in I Kings was judgment from God because of the sin of King Ahab to worship idols and how the nation of Israel had turned from God to worship idols as well.

The message was challenging calling people to repent of sin like uprooting a weed or plant from the ground. We also challenged people to pray in faith to see God change the weather patterns. To pray in faith for physical rain is a need but just as bad we need spiritual rain to fall and nourish our land once again. We are trusting God to send the spiritual rain of revival on this church and community once again.

I did sense the presence in the Lord in a special way during the worship tonight. The people have come with expectation. I cannot say I felt anointed during the preaching but I am assured I preached what the Lord wanted me to and He used it. I am encouraged that our church stuck around and really prayed during the invitation. Normally we have people pray about five or ten minutes and then people leave. Tonight they prayed more fervently and I trust we will see the evidence of that praying in rain coming soon. I pray it will come before this revival ends whenever that will be.

One of the highlights for me personally was getting to pray with my oldest two boys. I prayed for them to live courageously for Jesus even when many around them do not. The evening ended with me getting to pray for a man who said he was struggling. Tonight he took steps to get closer to God and I trust those around Him will see the results.

We had good attendance tonight. Way better than a normal Sunday evening service. This is just the beginning. I do not know what the Lord will do tomorrow but I already have expectation it will be powerful. Keep praying with us for God to move and have His way in this church and this town.

No comments:

Post a Comment