Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Spring Revival Day 4

I just walked out of the sanctuary. We met for one hour and fifty-five minutes. Most of that time was worship. We sang a little at the beginning but longer after the message. The congregation would not leave. They sang song after song. The hunger for more of God proved intense. We continued to linger and the Holy Spirit lingered with us.

I do not know how to put it into words. At times I feel chills shooting down my spine as we sing and every nerve tingling in the presence of an awesome and holy God. He is meeting with us there is no doubt. It is more than a feeling. What we are experiencing is running much deeper than emotions.

I can tell you the text I preached from. [Hosea 6:1-3] I can give you the main points. At times God wounds and hurts us like a skilled surgeon to pluck out the cancer of sin in our lives and then binds our wounds and brings healing. He also revives us and we should press on to know Him. Not press on to merely know about Him. We are follow hard to know more of Him. Writing al of that does not do what the Lord is doing justice. You cannot feel the weight of His presence reading this. You cannot see the conviction from the Lord coming over the people.

I can tell you what songs we sung but you will not feel the passion of the worshippers nor sense the longing for more of Him. I can tell you some sat, some lifted their hands, some clapped and some did not sing at all but God was magnified and exalted tonight.

I can tell you the crowd increased to the largest number so far. I can tell you there were eight rows of teenagers and I could not find a seat where I normally sit. I had to go stand in the back. Still you would not get the picture of people longing for more of God and giving up television, TAKS preparation among both teachers and students, and people taking their evening lunch breaks to attend the services.

I could tell you about the student I talked to tonight and even tell you about the tears in his eyes from repentance. I could tell you about the number of students who stayed behind to worship after most of the others had left because they cannot get enough of God in this season. Still you would not get the full picture.

Even with all of that I am helplessly left to say what we are experiencing is the kind of thing you would just have had to be here to understand. Still I hope through these blogs to take the fire of revival and to spread it to others across the city, region, and state.

Lord, would you take this revival fire you are kindling here and let is spread. I ask you to move in the heart of every reader the way you are moving in our hearts. I ask you to bring the weight of your conviction on people to repent and return to You Lord. I ask you to use these blogs and those who read these blogs to lead people to salvation.

When I left tonight I uttered two words out loud. They are the cry of my heart. “MORE LORD!” “MORE LORD!” God waits to be wanted and this church wants more of Him. “MORE LORD!”

No comments:

Post a Comment