Thursday, January 13, 2011

Honduras Journal part 5

1-4-11 – 3:45 a.m. I find myself this morning a long way from home. Yet you are with me Lord. You are also with my family as they get ready to start back to school later this morning. I miss them. It is never easy to leave them but your call persists.

I have remained pretty quiet on this trip thus far. Steve, the man from North Carolina, has been coming to Honduras for twenty years. His church has been very active in the work here. They are heavily invested here. Periodically I ask Steve questions so I learn more and getter a better grasp of the work here. The population of Copan Ruinas is about 6,000 people. This figure does not include the forty-seven Chorti villages. I think I heard there are tens of thousands of people living in these villages.

There is no hospital here. I think the closest hospital is at least an hour away or three hours back in San Pedro. I cannot imagine living some place and not having adequate medical facilities to treat family. That is another one of those things we take for granted back in the States.

Through your help Lord, I intend to see that hospital built in this town. You have provided $520 so far toward that hospital. I still need over $99,000. We still need so much more and you alone can provide for this need. I have stepped out on faith many times before. I have trusted you for cars and houses and watched you provide miraculously to meet all those needs. It will only be by faith in your trustworthiness that we will see this hospital constructed. I ask you to show me favor with people and to bless them with increase in their finances so they have more to give to you as you direct them. I ask you to move people to give and to move this mountain. I thank you for giving No Compromise Ministries a purpose again. I thank you for allowing me to be involved in building your kingdom. I do not know how in the world I will be able to raise that money. I come to you asking for a miracle. I come asking for a series of miracles in fact. I trust you to connect your provision with the need. You own everything. You own all the money I will ever need to do anything for you. I trust you. If you will it to be done, I have confidence according to [I Jn 5:14-15] it will be done.

I do not know what you have for us today. I want to be slow to speak but be quick to hear. I want to learn about this culture. I want to see deeper than the poverty. I want to see the spiritual needs as well.

In many ways I wonder what I am doing here. I am not a wealthy person. I am not even a well-connected person. Why did you call me to meet this need? I do not understand why you chose me but I will obey. I will step out and trust you.

No comments:

Post a Comment