Thursday, January 13, 2011

Honduras Journal part 3

1-3-11 – 9:40 a.m. We have landed in Houston and made our connecting flight. We are on the next leg of the journey on a flight into San Pedro, Honduras. We have connected with a man named Steve from North Carolina who is joining us on this trip. Steve has been volunteering in Honduras for twenty years. The flight is packed on board this 737 jet. This is the biggest plane I have flown on in a long time.

Already I feel a great disadvantage because I cannot speak Spanish. I hope to get to meet with some doctors about building the hospital on this trip. That would be a God ordained appointment. This is a major faith step. Perhaps the biggest I have ever taken. Though the mountain is big I am confident this is God’s call and will for my life.

Lord, you alone are provider. I ask you to move so I can build wealth to further your kingdom. Lord, I plead with you to give me wisdom on how raise this money. I know it is not up to me. You alone can do this. I ask you to move your people all over the state to give generously and sacrificially to meet this need. I trust you. I cannot do it but you can.

I am not sure what this trip holds in store but I am willing to follow you. I’m willing to follow where you lead. You are the hope of the world. You are the hope for the Chorti people. You are the hope for the sick and infirmed who do have access to adequate medical care in Copan Ruinas. You are the hope to move this financial mountain. I trust in you.

The flight is two and a half hours. I am tired and am going to get some sleep before we land. We still have a three-hour drive awaiting us after landing.

No comments:

Post a Comment