Thursday, January 13, 2011

Honduras Journal part 2

1-03-11- 5:37 a.m. We are now on a Continental flight headed to Houston. Outside it is still dark. Few lights are on down below as people catch a few last minutes of sleep before going to work this first Monday of the new year.

Sitting inside this Continental plane reminds me of all the times I used to fly Continental to preach as an itinerant minister. I have spent my fair share of time flying around the country to preach. I have never flown across the ocean to foreign lands but do not doubt that day will come. The darkness outside is a reminder to me of the spiritual darkness in this world. Jesus is the Light of the World and I am called be light in this world also. [Jn 8:12] [Matt 5:16]

I never thought I would ever travel to Honduras. As a boy growing up in east Texas, I do not ever remember even thinking about flying anywhere much less leaving the United States. I go where God leads and opens doors and now that means going to Honduras. God has a standing invitation to help Himself to my life anytime He wants.

Lord, I am not much to work with. I do not have a great deal to offer. What I am and what I do I offer to you as a sacrificial offering. I submit my life to you even if that means more flights into more distant lands. I say, “yes” to follow you God anywhere to do anything at anytime. I lay my life afresh on your altar so you can do with me as you please. [Rom 12:1] [Gen 12:1] I yearn for you. I yearn to be drawn into your presence. I long to be sweetly surrendered to you. It is sweet being in the center of your will. It is a great joy to be joined to your plans and purposes. I am surrendered because I know you have the right to interrupt my plans and to change the course of my life anytime you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment