Monday, April 24, 2017

Wherever He Sends I Will Go

It is 958 miles from Runaway Bay, TX to Alpine, TX and back. That is what Eric and I drove this past weekend. Mixed in between were three worship times ending with the Sunday morning service yesterday. 

Alpine is beautifully set in a valley surrounded by foothills. I worshiped during my early morning walks looking at the mountains surrounding the city. I walked all over the Sul Ross State University campus. The air was crisp and cool Saturday and Sunday. Perfect weather. 

First Baptist Church Alpine meets in an one hundred year old facility. The architectural design captured my gaze for a long time. Noticing every intricate detail I marveled at the craftsmanship. Absolutely gorgeous. What an honor to get to preach in such a historic place.  I have preached in many places but none more unique than in Alpine. A town of culture, art, natural beauty, as well as beautiful people. I will not son forget our trip to Alpine. 

We met wonderful people from leadership to students. We laughed a lot, prayed for God to move, and ministered. Eric through song and me through the preaching of scripture. We felt the presence of God, especially Saturday night and Sunday morning. 

We all met with God in that historic town and sanctuary. Some repented of sin. Others rededicated their lives. Sadly, I cannot report any were saved. I did preach the gospel and I believe lost people were present at every service. There were other very special God moments . Some I cannot write about because they were too personal in nature. I know God worked. I saw God dispensing hope on Sunday morning through His word. 

Today I am back in Runaway Bay. We saw a lot of Texas yesterday. We stopped at a road side park near home outside Ranger, TX off I-20 and laughed at where we started earlier in the day and where we were that evening. A little tired. Also very thankful God still lets me preach His glorious truth and work with Eric who leads worship.  

Wherever He sends I will go. That is what Isaiah communicated in Is: 6:8. When God looked for someone to go Isaiah made himself available. I do the same, even to remote towns like Alpine. Wherever He leads I will go. The size of the town or congregation do not matter. It is a privilege to meet new people and seek the heart of God for those towns and churches. 

I am glad to be home and to have slept in my own bed. I have no other traveling assignments until the first of June for a youth camp. I am scheduled to preach at another youth camp in mid July. 

And looking far out looms the Kermit Revival July 23-29. Wherever He sends I will go. 



No comments:

Post a Comment