Friday, April 21, 2017

Hitting The Old Gospel Trail Again

The bags are packed. Prayers have been sent in both directions. In just a few moments Eric Adcock and I will hit the road again. He is the minstrel man. He plays that guitar like a battle axe. I have seen God use him to move people from laughter to intense worship with just a few strums of the guitar strings and prayer. I am the preacher often preaching hard prophetic messages. I thank God for putting us together all those many years ago back at Howard Payne University. 

Eric is the people person. Never met a stranger. I am a little more reserved until it is time to proclaim God's truth. We are both well past youth but still active. I mowed the yard and got in my workout before this early road trip. I may get older but I will not go down without a fight. At 50 and Eric at 49 I am amazed God still allows us to minister to students. I will keep going as long as God keeps opening doors. 

We have over 400 miles ahead of us today driving out west to FBC Alpine, TX. We will minister later tonight, on Saturday and Sunday morning. We have made many such trips and we treasure the time we get to spend together and more importantly the time we get to minister together. It is a privilege and one I do not take for granted. 

It is a different scene to go from preaching a revival to a youth meeting. God's truth works in all situations and applies to all generations. I am humbled God would allow me to do this again. It is all Him. Wherever He leads I will go even out to Alpine, TX.

It is never easy to leave my family and I would not except God's command in Matt 28:19-20 and Acts 1:8. So I packed the old suitcase and my trusty backpack. It is time to hit the old gospel trail again. May Jesus be honored and may souls come to Jesus for salvation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment