Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Election Eve Prayer Meeting

Last night I enjoyed a wonderful prayer meeting in the home of Mike and Julie Carter. Mike and Julie were there as well as Dale and Kyle Bohrer and myself. We prayed for one another, our nation, and for more of God in our lives.

I could not hold back the tears. I cried out to God with all that is within me. I was the last one to pray but when I finished I knew God was not finished with me. I remained kneeling on the leather couch as the tears kept falling. Though others were in the room it felt like it was only God and me. I knew the Lord wanted me to go be alone with Him. I got up and went to the bedroom where I am sleeping for a couple of days.

I sprawled on the floor crying out to God. I wish I could put that encounter into words but I can't. I do not have the words to describe such a private encounter with my Father. He met with me. He spoke to me. He encouraged me. He burdened me. He directed me.

And then as clear as a television screen I saw a host of wicked people; witches and satanists casting spells and praying for the outcome of the election. I knew then I could not go straight to bed. I had to fight for our nation in prayer. So I interceded for the soul of the United States.

Exhausted I eventually climbed into bed only to be awakened a little after 2:00 a.m. to get up and intercede some more. So much is at stake. If pagans will perform their rituals, say their curses, and cast their evil spells hoping to influence thefuture of our nation how can the people of God not pray.

While I cannot say the battle is won I can say it is time for me to pass the baton for the next watchman on the wall to take his or her shift. So much is at stake. This is a time to seek the Lord like never before and trust Him for intervention.  How I plead my Father would draw this nation back to Him.  God have mercy on the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment