Tuesday, May 26, 2015

O Lord Please Speak

I awoke today with one burning thought on my mind,
Seeking God in prayer and His voice wanting to find,
I pleaded earnestly, "O Lord, I beg You to please speak,
There is no other voice I so diligently desire  to seek,"
I opened His word, devouring pages and chapters,
After I prostrated myself before the Great Benefactor,
The Lord of Glory, my Savior, and the Prince of Peace,
I pleaded withGod to speak to me and I did not cease,
The message did not matter, exhortation or conviction,
A word of comfort or a new call to a faith expedition,
I just wanted my Lord to open my heart for His voice,
Shutting out other distractions proved the best choice,
Hearing from Him on this adventurous journey called life,
Is worth the time, the effort and is in no way a sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment