Tuesday, May 5, 2015

My Guilt Is Gone

The evidence stacked against me making the case shut tight,
Rebellion, defiance, repeated sin proving a life not up right,
My accuser did not miss one broken law what I did wrong,
The list of my faults kept increasing until it was very long,
A guilty verdict assured once the facts were all spoken,
I stood before the judge ashamed in tears and broken,
Before the judge passed my guilty sentence on down,
My advocate stood near  the judge adjusting His crown,
My advocate is my Savior, Redeemer, and God's Son,
Who died on the cross my victory purchased and won,
He showed the nail scarred hands - the price of guilt paid,
The judge silenced my accuser throwing out all his proof,
He declared, "My son your guilt is gone" this is gospel truth,
So I am pardoned, set free, forgiven  al my guilt is now gone,
Now  I sing with all the saints of old that Amazing Grace song.

No comments:

Post a Comment