Sunday, May 17, 2015

Eleven Steps

A lot of people like to travel to exotic locations and scenic destinations. They enjoy seeing new sights, making new memories, and experiencing new things. Some places are huge disappointments while others are exceed expectations. Most of travels have been in the context of preaching.

There is one trip that thrills my soul. Many would find it less than thrilling. Some would even scoff. It is exactly eleven steps from my bedside to my desk in my home office. Those are elven short steps physically but they also usher me into another world spiritually. That office is my inner room. It is the kind of place Jesus talked about in [Matt 6:5-7.] A place to shut out all distractions. A place to forsake the company of people to keep company with God. A sacred place.

That elven step journey is the highlight of my day. The encounters with God bring life to my soul. Burdens are lifted for others in intercession and my own burdens are laid down there. God sees those prayers in the secret place. He beckons me to keep making that eleven step journey. Sometimes He beckons me to come in the wee hours of the morning. Often He awakes me in the middle of the night for time with Him. He listens to me. He speaks to me.

Those elven steps lead me to realities with God that open pages of scripture, lead to receiving visions, and clear cut directions for life and ministry.

Do you have a sacred place to meet with God? Do you frequently make that journey to that place? O the joys with God we share when we tarry there in those secret places to meet with Him. That is the journey we must all take and keep taking. There are no substitutes for the experiences we gain when we take that journey.

Set your appointment with God for tomorrow. Get up and make some of the fist steps of your day be toward God in your inner room. Those experiences can never be duplicated anywhere else on this planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment