Thursday, May 28, 2015

Grace

I thank God for HIs grace in the choices we sometimes make and and the subsequence consequences. How many times has God not allowed us to reap what we sown but dealt with us in grace. I praise His name for seeing past our flaws and failures to the redemptive purpose of His will. I exalt Him for not allowing our actions or inactions to alter His plans and purposes in this world. He works despite us. I praise Him for never looking past our sin or rebellion against His will and His ways burt for grace that forgives, redeems, and restores.

I am a product of that grace. Grace that is greater than all my sin. Grace that keeps me on God's path. Grace that points the way to Kingdom adventures and kept me from following my own destructive paths over the years. Grace to not allow me to reap the devastating destruction I have deserve by what I have sown over the years.

I see this same truth in the lives of Abraham, David, Jonah, and Peter. God dealt with each of them in grace and preserved His purposes for each of their lives. Praise God there are second and third chances with the Lord.

When I look back at all the times I steered off course, sinned, chose good ideas over God ideas, and thought I knew best my life should have ended up in a gutter. By God's grace He gave me a Godly wife, children who bring me joy, a life calling and purpose, vision for the future, and surrounded me with tremendous relationships. Add to that my salvation and I say, "Amazing Grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now I am found, was blind but now I see."

No comments:

Post a Comment