Thursday, September 26, 2013

You Were Born To Do This


You were born to do this." Those were the last words spoken to me by Eric Adcock, who is more than a friend but a true brother, before I walked on the stage last night before several hundred students. I felt the presence and power of God pulsating through my entire body as I expounded truth from II Chronicles 7:14. God moved. Many students were saved. Others repented of sin and were restored to the Lord. This morning I am dumfounded by this past week and especially last night.

I was born to preach and write. I am never more alive than when God allows me to do those things and uses me. I felt alive last night before those students in ways I could never put into words. I take no credit. God did it all.

He saved me. He called me. He anointed me. He gave the opportunity. He opened His word and revealed truth. He saved the lost. He convicted and led people to repentance. He moved through the worship. He drew people to Himself. I am just a vessel. I want to deflect all praise and honor on Him my true King.

God put me on this earth to preach. What did He create you to do? [Eph 2:10]

No comments:

Post a Comment