Thursday, September 12, 2013

Waiting For Open Doors

I am not a patient person by nature. If God has done anything in my life over the past three decades it has been to make me wait. I had to wait on marrying Brenda. I had to wait for my first full time ministry position. I've had to wait on Him multiple times in my life.

Now I am in that position again. I have spent my whole morning, since 4:30 a.m., sending the manuscript of my new book to publishers and literary agents. It was relatively easy to self publish my first five books. I have continually felt God calling me to believe Him to take my writing ministry to the next level. Therefore I am searching new avenues to be get published.

To do that from what I have learned, having a literary agent is a must. I not only believe in the message of this book but I believe God wants to use that message all over the world. I can have a broader and more effective ministry as an author touching more lives than I can as a pastor. I love serving as a pastor and believe it God's call on my life but equally I have a calling to write. While I can only preach in one place at a time (until our church branches out with media) through books I can minister all over the world and touch millions of people. It is also important for this book to sell because all the money goes to pay off the remaining debt for the hospital in Copan Ruinas, Honduras.

The dream of being published on a broader scale has long been a point of prayer. I covet your prayers on behalf of this book. I need God to go before me to open doors that have long been closed to me. I believe in the message of this book as strongly as any book I have ever written. I felt compelled to write it. Now I feel compelled to get the message out to others.

I will not personally profit from the book. The kingdom of God will profit. Now we pray and wait to see what God does. The book was written as an offering to the Lord and is now laid at His feet. He can do with the book what He pleases. Whether used in little ways or larger ways the book is His. Will you believe with me for God to open doors to get it into print and into the hands of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment