Monday, September 30, 2013

Early Morning in the Word

I came to your word early to read a fresh word from you,
It was still dark outside the grass wet with morning dew,
I read about Moses and Aaron and your mighty working,
About your presence in the cloud and fire always lurking,
I read about Israel refusal to trust and acting in unbelief,
Which caused forty years of wandering and much grief,
I read about the times to Moses you simply did speak,
When the future looked clouded - unsure - a little bleak,
I yearn to hear you speak to my heart like you did then,
I want to hear you speak to me like you did Moses again,
I can never be content to know you from a distance,
I want to draw nearer though my flesh offers resistance,
In your word I see much more than religion gone stale,
I see you at work and how your promises never fail,
I read about men through whom you did impossible feats,
Conquering the enemy crushing him in devastating defeats,
As I shut the holy book to bow my head and begin to pray,
 Lord I plead with you - speak and work through me that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment