Monday, June 10, 2013

The Sweet Voice of God

I heard the Lord speak this morning. I heard His sweet voice. He knew the need of the hour and His message to me was very timely. He knew exactly what I needed to hear. His voice comforted and reminded me of the path of righteousness.

His message did more than comfort and remind me of the right way to go. His sweet voice inspired resolve in my heart. My faith received new strength.

O that sweet voice of God is a life line. I cling to that voice of guidance, peace, counsel, discernment, wisdom, and strength.

You know where I found that sweet voice of God. Right in the pages of II Corinthians chapters ten and eleven. God knew where I would be on this day and planned my daily Bible readings. Right out of the pages of scripture I received strength, hope, encouragement, and guidance about how to cope with current challenges.

How I pray you would make reading the Bible more than a dutiful religious exercise. I pray you would read them longing for, expecting to, and ready for God to speak through the pages of His Holy Word. He knows your need. He knows your lot in life. Rest your elbows on either side of the Holy Bible and listen for the sweet voice of God. His words are life and life transforming. We all need that.

No comments:

Post a Comment