Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Office

It has been nine months in the coming. Today I sit in my new office to write this. Nine months of studying where I could. In the early days of moving back here I did not have internet access or an office. I went to the public library, sat in the parking lot at McDonalds, went to people's houses to borrow theirs, worked off a table in the RV until we got into our rent house and got connected to the internet for ourselves.

Now I have a space to get away to work. I actually have a place to go to work. I love it. I had a fabulous office in Seminole and a great one at FBC Paradise. Starting a church from nothing makes you appreciate the simple pleasure like having an office. Many people have offices. Some people hate the office and the work that goes on there. Not me. I love having an office.

You see this is more than just an office. This is a secret place as spelled in the book of Matthew. "But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you." This is a sacred place to meet with God. Others have had this office before me. I prayed in here yesterday that any residing evil spirits would be driven out and the presence of God would be here. This office is now the primary place I will pray and study. This is the place where I already have and will continue to pour my soul out to God pleading for revival in Paradise and Wise County. This is the place where I will have encounters with the living God of this universe. This is the place where I receive messages to preach. This is now the primary place I will hear from God.

More than that this office is the place I will write books. Dozens of them. From this office articles for the paper and blogs will be born. In this little office I will have a place to get lost in my thoughts and write page after page after page. In this office I will write books God will use to further His glory and His kingdom. In this office books will be written that travel far beyond Paradise to minister to people.

In this office I will hold meetings and strategically plan the advancement of God's kingdom through Faith Community Church. In this office I will receive vision from God and clarity of direction for the future. We plan on remaining in this location until the Lord reveals His will concerning permanent facilities for Faith Community Church. That might take two to three years or even longer. It really does not matter because God has provided a space for us to settle in for awhile.

God has taught me to learn to be content in all my circumstances. I have to say that I rejoice exceedingly that this day has come. I learned to make not having an office work. Many joked that my office was the corner table at the local cafe. Some who saw me in there for breakfast and still saw me sitting in the same spot near lunch joked I should pay rent. God has put all this together for me to have my own space. I do not have space at the house. This is a major step of progress. I rejoice I got an office today.

No comments:

Post a Comment