Sunday, May 6, 2012

My Prayer This Morning

Lord, as this new Sunday unfolds I am excited for the opportunity to worship with the people of Faith Community Church. I worship you now in the privacy of this secret place but I long to celebrate you with others. I yearn for more of you. I yearn for our people to yearn for more of you.

Lord, today I ask you to turn all of our hearts closer to you. Today I ask you to turn all of our hearts and our attention to you. This world competes for our allegiance and affections. May you help us today to know you. We must go beyond knowing about you. We must come to know you through experience. We can never be content to learn about what you did in the past. We long for you to work in our lives and to work in our day. You are mighty. We ask you to do mighty deeds in our midst. We want the opportunity to keep bragging and boasting about you.

Today I will open your word and declare your truth. If you do not give me fresh anointing there will be  no life in it. I ask you to create a hunger in the people to hear from you. I ask you to give your people ears to hear your truth. I ask you to give us the wisdom to alter our lives where they need to be changed.

I feel rumblings in my Spirit that you are up to something big in Paradise. I do not want to miss it. I ask you for revival in this community. I ask you to plow the fallow ground of this community. Please start with me and the people of Faith Community. I ask you to unite the churches and send a spiritual awakening that changes the community. May we grow increasingly uncomfortable with sin and more desirous of holiness.

This is the day you have made. I rejoice and will be glad in it. I will rejoice in you regardless of what the attendance is. I pray for more of your Spirit and more of your power to be evident among us no matter the size of the crowd. I anticipate meeting with you. I expect you to also meet with us. Thank you for ordering my steps to pastor Faith Community Church. The journey has not been easy but you have been faithful each step of the way. In Jesus name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment