Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Living My Dream

For nearly two decades I have dreamed of the Acts 2:42-47 church. I am getting my chance at planting that church. Faith Community has not always had an easy road. That does not mean that it has not been a rewarding one. When I look out and see the new Christians sitting out in our church I cannot help but rejoice. That makes the challenges worth it. Though our attendance is inconsistent the dream in my mind and heart drives me to press on.

I am living my dreams writing. I received the first proof from a new forty day devotional book on revival this week. We are sending out advanced copies this month and the book should be available by the first of June for purchase online. A great dream is being realized I've held since an elementary school student. What a great dream. These books will travel further and broader than any of the others I have written so far.

I assure you other books will soon follow. I am writing one now. I am about to put the finishing touches on another book I have nearly finished  and I have two at the publisher now for consideration. I have a list of other titles and dreams of books that will keep me busy writing for a lifetime. There is something rewarding about getting to live your dream.

I saw the power of dreams last night when Josh Hamilton hit four home runs and a double in one game for the Texas Rangers. He is living his dream. Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III both are about to live their dream of playing professional football. I know people who dream of being a nurse, a lawyer and a coach. They are pursuing their dreams through education and experience.

My dreams are serving as a pastor and authoring numerous books. Everyday I lean into the harness of discipline to labor toward advancing Faith Community Church and writing more. What a dream. I know prayer is the key to unlocking all my dreams as well as yours.

The power of God's dream in my soul has seen me through lean times and repeated shut doors. God has opened doors at this season of my life to live out my dreams. The power of God's dreams sustains me. The power of God's dreams gets me up in the morning and allows me to sleep in peace at night. I know my life has purpose. I know my life has meaning. Praise the Lord for God's putting me in the sweet spot in life.

You will notice I did not say following dreams is a easy place of life. Constantly I ask God for and I long for God to put my family in a better housing situation. Daily I pray for Faith Community to grow and for us to be able to add a student minister at some point so I can devote myself to ministry with adults. All in good time. Until then I press on and ask in faith for God to move my mountains. It is an uphill climb but we are making progress.

Now, if God put a dream in your heart you can either sit back and hope it comes true or you can go after your dream with all the faith, work and perseverance you can muster. I have to believe at the end of our lives we will die contented when we give our days and souls to the pursuit of a God ordained dream. I know mine and I bet you can identify yours as well. No matter how far away it seems or how out of reach it may appear never give up. NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER YOUR DREAMS NO MATTER HOW OLD YOU ARE. PRESS ON. KEEP WORKING. KEEP PERSEVERING. KEEP STAYING THE COURSE. KEEP LABORING WITH PURPOSE. LIVE YOUR DREAM.

No comments:

Post a Comment