Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Rocky Mountain High

The second leg of our journey is complete. We are sitting in the Denver International airport waiting for our connecting flight to Saskatoon. We are talking about technology and such with i-phones, i-pads, Kindles, and other things. Coming in we could see the snow capped Rocky Mountains on our left.

We have a flight and then the drive from Saskatoon to Humboldt. I’m excited to introduce our people from Seminole to my extended church family in Humboldt. In some ways it is like I am going back home to a place I love and hold dear to my heart.

Thousands of people travel through here headed for somewhere for many different reasons. Some going to reconnect with loved ones. Others travel on business. There are some who travel for pleasure. Our travel is with purpose and mission. We are going to take the gospel and light of Jesus to shine in the darkness of a nation who has by in large rejected Christ.

Many come to Denver and Colorado for the mountains, to ski, and for the scenic get way spots. We travel as ambassadors for Christ. There is an eternal purpose attached to our trip. I don’t have a Rocky Mountain High because of anything else other than Jesus has given us a mission and a purpose..

There are thousands of people in this little town in Saskatchewan who do not know the Savior. They do not know the hope and freedom of grace. They do not know the peace of being righteous in Christ. In vain they strive with good works to earn God’s approval. By in large when I traveled there in the past there are two distinct reactions to our coming to town. People are curious which gives us the open door to witness for Christ. The other reaction is to politely reject us and our message.

The spiritual soil of people’s hearts are fallow. The Holy Spirit can come and break up the fallow ground. We are not traveling in vain. I do not know what the Lord will do and what we will experience over the next few days. I only know that God goes with us and He will guide our steps as we wait on Him.

It was not easy to leave Brenda and the boys but I know I have a mission and a mandate from God. I will get to preach in FBC Humboldt on Sunday morning. I do not know what I will preach but I am grateful for that opportunity to preach Christ on foreign soil as well as in Seminole. My Rocky Mountain High is Jesus Christ and gladly do I take Him to Canada today and in the future to the ends of the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment