Sunday, May 30, 2010

Revival Camp Meeting

Mark your calendars for Aug 1-11. After much prayer and confirmation I sense the Lord is calling us to revival. I am talking about a set aside season for ten straight days to be ushered into God’s presence through glorious music and His word. I feel the Lord has called me to preach those messages and we are still working on someone to lead us in worship.

We are going to meet for ten consecutive nights. In the beginning I sense the Lord wants to revive His church. He longs for us to come alive again and be restored to intimate fellowship with Him. Afterward I trust the Lord will save the lost. When was the last time you even heard of a ten-day revival?

While praying this morning I became deeply burdened that revival is costly? Ten straight nights is a major commitment. I have also felt the Lord wants me to preach ten fresh messages I have never preached before in addition to writing a 40-day devotional to be used in preparation for the meetings. The title of the devotion will be 40 Days to Shake the City. That will mean additional work for me but I feel this is God’s mandate for us.

At the time of this writing we have about seventy days to prepare. That means seventy days for you to personally repent of sin. That also means a little over ten weeks for you to pray for God’s glorious outpouring and for you to make efforts to invite people to come. There are several things I would like to do in preparation for this Revival Camp Meeting.

First, I would like to put together a prayer target in the prayer room for lost names who will be lifted before the Lord continually between now and August. You can submit the names by putting them on the prayer target and intercessors will plead with the Lord for their salvation over the next ten weeks. This means we need you to start spending time in the prayer room. There is a sign up sheet down there where you can reserve a time throughout the next ten weeks. Prayer is the key to revival. It grieves my heart to see how many times there are no names on the sheet. I cry out to God to give His heart to want to pray. I plead with you to reserve a time and help pray for God’s glorious outpouring of revival and for the genuine salvation of the lost.

Next, I would like to gather a group we will call “The Mighty Men of Prayer” on Friday mornings to cry out to God for genuine revival. I am inviting you men to join me each Friday this summer you are in town at 6:30 .M.. This group will meet in the fellowship hall beginning June 4. If God is going to revive us, then men must take active leadership. Remember the definition of authentic manhood from Men’s Fraternity? Accept responsibility. Reject passivity. Lead courageously. Trust God for the reward.

Our Power Band prayer meetings have dwindled down. For the next ten weeks we need host homes and for you to commit to come and pray when you can. I know many of you will be traveling over the summer months. When you can host a prayer meeting and when you are in town on Saturday nights and can come we need all hands on deck. Preparation for our meetings is crucially important and that means saturating our Revival Camp Meeting in prayer. We are calling the revival the “Shake the City Revival,” based on [Acts 4:31].

As we get closer to August we will step up our preparations with two final things. The weekend before we start we will have a sign up sheet for people to come to the sanctuary for a cleansing of the temple. Much like what Ezra did, we will have the entire Bible read through by our members in the sanctuary culminating with the final reading being done at the start of our revival services on August 1. There will be a sign up sheet later in the summer where you can sign up to read in thirty-minute increments. We are also going to ask you to commit to one other thing in preparation.

At the same time we are cleansing the temple we would like to have twenty-four straight hours of uninterrupted prayer in our prayer room for revival and for the lost. This also will culminate at 10:45 on Aug 1. Again we will be asking people to sign up in thirty-minute increments. I am assured God will bless our efforts with times of refreshing.

I am not looking for ten days of extra services. I am looking for true revival. I am dedicating the remainder of the summer to personal preparation. I invite you to join me. The scriptures I am praying through on this are [Ps 119:37-38] Please, pray them with me. “Turn away my eyes from looking at vanity, and revive me in Your ways. Establish Your word to Your servant as that which produces reverence for you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment