Sunday, January 17, 2010

Navigating Security

I’m sitting at gate B at the Midland International Airport awaiting my flight to Dallas. I am off on another preaching trip down in Trinity, TX for a youth group out of Houston. I will be gone for the weekend. It has not been an easy time getting to this point.

The first problem occurred when I realized we booked the airline tickets under the name of “Matt” Edwards. That is how most of you know me. Few know my first name is “Jay Madison” Edwards. I was named after my great grand-father who was named “Madison” but was nicknamed and known as “Matt”. Therefore I have had this reoccurring difficulty for most of my adult life. It never dawned on me until yesterday that my flight was booked under the name “Matt” but my driver’s license is under “Jay M.” Edwards.

When I got to the ticket agent I explained my case and got to wait for a good while as they straightened everything out. It went fairly smooth once the ticket agent could get someone on the phone to discuss my case. The name on the ticket was changed on my flight today and the return flight on Monday. From there I strode to the escalator to make my way through security. To hurry the process I had my shoes untied and was prepared to take my computer out of my backpack. Everything went smooth there as I joked with some guys about the Red Raiders and the Horns. It helped my cause that I am a die hard Horns fan. Well I say it helped me until I noticed I had my computer, my shoes and other possessions but I was missing my back-pack. I looked back down the way to notice there was a good deal of discussion going on over my back-pack.

It is a pretty normal back-pack. The contents included my cell phone, mp3 player, Bible, books, and prayer journal. What they found suspicious was the dvd remote control with the taped up back because the boys broke the back cover where the batteries go. It must have fallen off the table near my chair where I keep my back-pack. After some investigation and hearing my story they discovered I was harmless and the remote control was indeed a remote control. I was free to leave.

I am thrilled to know that when my life ends and it comes time to enter eternity it will not be that difficult to get into Heaven. My name will be found in the book of life and entrance into the splendor of Heaven will be far easier than catching a seat on a plane. Jesus died to secure my entrance into eternity and it is all about what He has done. He has declared me righteous [II Cor 5:21] and He has forgiven my sin by dying for me. [Rom 5:8] He wrote my name in the book of life [Rev 20:11-15]. My getting into glory has nothing to do with me and everything to do with Christ my Savior.

There will never be one imposter break into the fortress of Heaven. Only those who are His true children will be granted entrance. Will you pass through the security of Heaven? Will you be granted entrance because your place has been reserved by the blood of Jesus being applied to you for the forgiveness of sins and being declared righteous?

As I finish writing this I am no longer at the airport. I have been given a seat on the plane, lifted off from Midland and touched down in Dallas. I have arrived at my destination. With Jesus as my pilot and seated on the throne of my heart I will also be granted entrance into Heaven with the saints who have gone on before me. He is my ticket. My admission has been paid with His death on the cross. Navigating the security of Heaven is complete not because of me but because of what He has done for and in me. Praise the Lord. Security has successfully been navigated for all eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment