Friday, January 8, 2010

Going to Battle

I was praying over the past few days I have been gripped with the desire and determination to go to battle in intercession for several people and several causes. Prayer mentality should also be war mentality. I must be willing to fight in the heavenlies for the backslidden, the lost, the sick and diseased, the spiritually dead, and the hopeless causes.

Going to battle really takes a toll. If we are really willing to fight for people and kingdom causes it might consume a great deal of time. It will cost us emotionally as we continue to get involved over and over again engaging our hearts and our faith in fervent intercessions. When we are fully vested in people in prayer we cannot just go on with life as usual. We find ourselves standing in the gap for them continually. We battle the forces of hell that blind, deceive, and lead good people astray from God’s best down a trail of heartache and sorrow.

Many have been duped and have fallen into snares of the enemy. What choice do we really have if we love these dear ones? We can either put them out of mind or we can fight for them in faith. I can stand by idly doing nothing or I can go to war against the forces of darkness believing for deliverance and victory. I have so many I am fighting for.

I am fighting for a dear friend who has rejected all Godly counsel in light of pursuing a path of rebellion and selfishness. I love her dearly and know that she is beyond being reasoned with. Many have tried and all have failed. I love her too much to let her destroy her life and those around her and do nothing so I fight for her in prayer. I have lifted her by name before the Sovereign Lord. I have pleaded with the Lord to remind her of truth she has heard over her life time and that the Spirit of God would awaken inside her bringing tears of repentance and her once blinded eyes to be opened again to the love and hope of God. I have pleaded for the Lord to chasten my sister and bring her back into the fold of God. [Heb 12:5-11] It is because God loves each of us so much that He chastens His rebellious children. To date I do not have one shred of evidence that these prayers along with the prayers of many others are working. I am fighting against the ultimate deceiver in the Devil himself. I am in a war with demons of self-absorption, idolatry, infatuation, and rebellious defiance. I am weak but God is strong. He alone can prevail so I continue to implore Him to step in and save the day.

I am fighting for a church in Humboldt, Saskatchewan who barely is hanging on. They started four years ago and have never had a pastor. For four years they have pounded the doors of Heaven to send them a pastor but to no avail. Recently in a time of supplication the Lord instructed me not to abandon this church. There are barely a dozen of them but they cling to God in the hope that someone somewhere will answer their cry for help. God is preparing to send someone. [Is 6:8] Perhaps it is FBC Seminole God is calling to partner with this tenacious group of believers and come along side them to be encouragers to them as they fight and battle the rock hard spiritual soil of Canadian hearts.

I am battling for my beloved Paradise flock that are prayerfully trying to recover from the unexpected departure of two staff members now. I continue to stand in the gap for them to be led to the next pastor God is calling to that church. I continue to pray that God would protect and preserve that church. Only God can heal the broken and shattered hearts. More than once I have heard members there ask me why staff members always leave? There are no easy answers but a God who gives direction and comfort in the midst of the confusion.

I am praying for a dear sister in Christ who pulled me aside to ask for special prayer of a personal nature. The ironic thing is God had burdened me to pray for her about that very issue weeks ago. Now, I battle even harder.

I am battling for the soul of FBC Seminole for each of us to fall deeper in love with Christ and frequent the prayer closet more often and more fervently now than ever in the past. I battle for a revived church that is made into an exceedingly great army. I battle for a church to be empowered to advance the kingdom of God in Gaines County and beyond.

I battle for several who are facing the giant enemy of divorce. I plead for God to step in to bring reconciliation. He alone can do that.

I am battling for a God breathed and ordained vision for this church. Enough of man made dreams and agendas. I plead for God to reveal His thumbprint for this church at this time. I also ask God for the faith to accept His vision no matter how daunting it might seem. I battle for clear direction in the days ahead and for the ability to be able to hear from him clearly.

It seems there is no end of things to go to battle for on our knees. Some people like to battle in a war of words or a clash of wills about how things will be done. Some fight skirmishes through manipulation and division to get their way. God is calling me to battle on my knees. Do not get me wrong; it is a battle.

At times we might arise from our knees bloodied and wounded spiritually. We will have hand to hand combat in our spirit with doubt, demonic attack, and impatience. We will have to stand toe to toe with despair and hopelessness while clinging to the promises of God and like Abraham maintained hope against hope.[Rom 4:18]

We deserve no medals, no honor, no recognition, and no distinction for our intercessions. This is the duty of ever follower of Christ. While I battle for others I know there are those who do battle for me and I am so grateful for that. I need people who are willing to fight for me and the work of God in me. It is by God’s grace alone that any us of even have the desire to prayerfully go to battle for each other. It is not easy but the rewards of watching God move mountains defy description. So, strap on the armor and press your ear to the heart of God and listen intently. He will show you a person or a cause you need to go to battle for. May God and God alone receive all the glory for the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment