Sunday, December 11, 2016

Peace In The Storm

I had just gotten Brenda home after a visit to a doctor and a minor test. We had barely walked in the door when her phone rang. It was the school nurse. Turner had swallowed a nail. He was fine but we needed to get him to the emergency room. 

Turns out a classmate put the small nail in Tuner's water bottle. He told Turner it was there. Turner thought he could drink the water and catch the nail. He was wrong. 

We were in panic mode. Brenda stayed home to recover. On the drive my mind raced. Turner just injured his left knee a few days ago playing basketball and we are still waiting the final diagnosis for that. It seemed we were being slammed. 

While I stood waiting on Turner at school I walked outside. In those few ever so brief moments I exhaled the pressure and the trials. I asked God for His peace. Standing there alone God did the miraculous once again. He heard my brief prayer. He saw my burden. He met me in that crisis hour and flooded my heart with peace in the middle of the storm. 

Everything else went smoothly. The nail passed the critical parts in Turner. No invasive procedures were needed. We got to go home later that day. 

How many people have experienced the peace of God in the middle of life's storms. Millions. I am just one more to testify that God does not forsake us in our tough times. It does not mean we avoid every single storm. It does mean that God provides peace in the middle of them. For that I give God thanks and praise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment