Thursday, December 22, 2016

Confirmation

I live a long way from west Texas. I have not lived there in five and a half years.  God keeps drawing my heart to a small town out there called Kermit. That town keeps showing up over and over again in my life.

While I can't begin to go into  all the ways God keeps confirming my call to go there and preach a revival, I will share the most recent one.

Two of my boys and I went grocery shopping a few days ago. Broookshire's Grocery has a rewards program for frequent shoppers. To access it you can use a card or your phone number. When I gave the cashier my phone number she asked, "Are you from west Texas?" The 432 area code gave it away. We never changed our cell phone numbers after we moved from Seminole.

I responded, "I used to. Are you from west Texas?" She used to live in west Texas. I asked her where she used to live. Her reply, "Kermit."

That grocery store is six hours form Kermit. What is the likely hood that she would live and work in the same area I live. What is the likely hood that she would have previously lived in Kermit? Of the two grocery stores in our area is it coincidence that I chose the one where she worked.  What are the chances that I would just happen to be grocery shopping during her shift and furthermore randomly get into her line. She could have been off.  She could have gone on break. Her line could have been backed up with several people. Three was only one person in front of the boys and I.

She could have been from a hundred different town in west Texas.  The fact she was from Kermit seems more than random chance.. She could not have known about God giving me a  burden for that town. She had no way of knowing about  and my calling to trust the Lord for revival there. She could have just entered my phone number and never said anything about west Texas. It  does not seem like coincidence to me. It seems more like confirmation.

No comments:

Post a Comment