Thursday, December 22, 2016

Dad, I'm Not Scared - God Is In Control

It is hard to believe after a solid year of sitting in Dr. Robert Clifford's office with Tucker I found myself there again with Turner. Dr. Clifford even looked shocked when he walked into the room  and saw me there again. Tucker finally got fully released only a month ago.

Yet there we sat. Turner with an injured knee from playing basketball. We were there to review the MRI results. Dr. Clifford's diagnosis made my heart sink. "There is a torn ACL." My first thought was, "Not again."

Turner is an eighth grader. I immediately looked at him to see how he received that news. He sat stoically. I remember like yesterday when Dr. Clifford diagnosed Tucker with a torn ACL. Tears welled up in Tucker's eyes. He tried to be brave and wiped them away quickly. I knew his heart broke in that moment.

My heart hurt. I could not fix that problem for him. Nor I could I fix a torn ACL for Turner. Believe me. I prayed for healing. Supernatural healing. It did not come. Tucker had to have surgery. Two of them in fact. I prayed for Turner's healing as well. God chose to do it another way. He too will have to be operated on unless God intervenes between now and sometime in January.

When Turner and I got into the truck to leave asked him how he felt. Here is what he said. "Dad, I am not scared. God is in control. He will help me through this."

O that we all had child like faith. Lord help our unbelief.

No comments:

Post a Comment