Friday, October 7, 2016

Sek

My maternal grandmother was the best hide and seeker I ever knew. Let me clarify.  She was the best seeker. One day I bet her I could hide somewhere she could not find me. I still remember what she said, "If I put a notion to it I can find you anywhere." Over and over again I hid that afternoon and she found me every time. I did not know what a "notion" was but I thought it might be a super human power.

As a full fledged middle aged adult I no longer play hide and seek. I guess I will save that for the grandkids down the road. I do  find myself constantly seeking. Seeking God to know Him. Seeking His will and purposes. Seeking answers to difficult problems. Seeking peace in world filled with anxiety. There is not lack of seeking.

Just like with the asking sometimes the answers do not come right away when seeking. Sometimes the long sought direction is not revealed right away. Sometimes no matter how much seeking His face God remains hidden. His silence at times meets our seeking.

So what do we do? Do we quit seeking. By no means. We seek all the more with perseverance. We will find if we press on in seeking. Isn't that what He assured us. Matthew 7:7-8 (NASB) 
7  "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
8  "For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.  

Keep seeking. We will find the truth, the direction, and Him if we keep seeking. Never give up seeking. In fact, put a notion to seeking for the rest of your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment