Thursday, November 13, 2014

Morning Prayer

Jesus, many of Your people wake up weary and heavy laden this morning. I ask You to give them Your rest. I ask You to lift their burdens today as You strengthen people to trust You. Many are up against the wall with seemingly no way out. I pray You give them Your peace so they do not take matters into their own hands and do not make the situations worse I ask You to help them see You at work as You make a way where there seems to be no way. I ask You to bring them through the floods and through the fires to the other side. I lift up those who are brokenhearted today. I ask You to comfort their sorrowing hearts and bind their wounded souls to healing once again. You save their every tear in Your bottle of remembrance. You are able to restore joy and hope to them. 
There are those who wake today in chronic pain. I ask You to touch them. I beg You to bring relief and help those suffering have good days. Please manifest Your presence to them. I lift up those battling disease. I ask You to be their refuge and their Healer however You choose to do it and whenever You choose to do it. 
You know every person waking up today with no hope. Some are in dark places emotionally. Some truly contemplate ending it all. O, dear God, I beg You to intervene. I plead with You to give these desperate people some measure of hope to cling to this day and this very hour. May some promise from Your word attach to their minds and bring them through the dense fog of depression. 
I lift up those who awake this morning staring at financial disaster. You are their provider. I ask You to meet needs all over in miraculous ways as You have done for Brenda and I time and time again. When You come through for them I ask You to stir these to testify. 
I lift up those who awake today feeling very alone in this world like nobody cares. O, Jesus, You see them today. They are not alone. You care. I ask You to show Your love and care in a tangible way. I ask You to remind such lonely people of Your work on the cross to forever demonstrate Your love. 
I lift up those who are dry spiritually. I ask You to refresh them in Your presence today. I ask You for quiet times to be true encounters with You. I ask You to speak fresh words to them today. 
I thank You today that Your mercies are new as the sun begins to dawn and great is Your faithfulness. Your compassions do not fail. May we not forget all Your benefits to us. May we keep our feet on the firm foundation of Your word no matter what we face today. In Jesus name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment