Monday, November 10, 2014

He Did It Again

God did it again. Once again He moved in an obvious way I cannot deny. He once again gave me a tangible expression of His love and blessing to do His work in Kermit, TX.

I am preparing to head to Kermit in the morning where once again I will teach scripture to a small band of people. Tonight, after coaching Turner's football practice, a dad walked up to me and stuck out his hand with money in it. I have talked to him very briefly about the work I am doing Kermit. I resisted the money and told him no. He asked, "Why not. You are out doing this work and I feel like I am supposed to do this. If you need more just let me know." With humility I received his gift as I received hundreds and hundreds of others over the years. My pride hates it. Brenda and I love to be on the giving end but truth be told we could never had made it ministry without God using multiple people to stand with us as I go out and peach. 
Every person and every dollar given play a vital role in what God calls and allows me to do. Whether it be a gift card for gas, money for food, or even at different times money to purchase vehicles or vehicles actually given to us, we could not do what we do alone. Over and over again I watch do it again. He hears our prayers, stirs somebody's heart to give to us and we receive miracle provision. It is not something we take for granted. 
I am blown away. God continues to confirm this is His will and leadership for me to minister in Kermit. God has used different people I would never have expected to make these ministry trips possible. God has been doing this for my family for two and a half decades. Because of God's faithfulness and stirring people to give to our ministry God has sent me all over the U.S. and to Cuba, Canada, and Honduras to do His work. I am not making this stuff up. 
I know the man who gave to us tonight but I do not know him well. Only God could have put that into his heart to give on the eve of my making another ministry trip. Praise God's glorious name. 
This is the reason why I am willing to follow God prompts me to go where He is leading. Every time I step out in faith God shows up and does something amazing that cannot be explained except God did it. I still remember my first trip to Kermit. I had very little money. $2.25 to be exact. I made the trip anyway. God worked. He provided for every leg of that journey and has continued to do so. Since then God has met our every need for fuel, food, lodging, and a meeting place for our Bible studies. All praise to God and glory to Him alone. Praise Him for moving others to join in His kingdom work in west Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment