Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Do We See And Do We Care

Had a great night in Kermit last night. .Attendance was down due to several people being sick or giving care to those who were sick. We had one new face and three people from Seminole showed up.

I loved teaching again. God continues to stir me with His word.

Now headed back to Wise County to see my family and Faith Community Church family.

Thought for the day. Do we really see people? I mean see them at the soul level or do we only see what is only on the surface. Jesus saw people. [Matt 9:36]. He saw beneath the surface. He saw they were weary and worn out oppressed by an out of control Roman government and a legalistic religious system. He saw the people and felt compassion for them. That means He loved them and had mercy on them. He loved them right where they were.

He loves too much to sit back and do nothing. He loves enough to care. Does His church love enough to care.

How many people will walk across our path today? How many will we take the time to truly see looking deeper than the outward appearance and behavior. How many will we see and be moved to compassion for them.

I talked to a store clerk in Kermit last night named Shanaya. I asked her about churches and how I could pray for her. I saw how hard she works. She was busy as the store was swamped. She works every Tuesday night. I plan to keep going there on Tuesday nights to love her, minister to her, and show her the love of Jesus.

Now time to do the same back home. Faith Community Lord willing I will see you tonight at 6:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment